0.8.13 - Bug Fixes
Released: Sep 5, 2023
- This update is free for existing users.
- Spectrogram: Added a new setting "Brightness Boost".
- Settings: Added an "Advanced Settings". pane in the Settings screen.
- Settings: Added Setting: "Reposition Offscreen Windows". Allows to choose if MiniMeters should or should not try to reposition windows that will open on a monitor that may have been disconnected.
- Settings: Added Setting (macOS): "Show Drop Shadow". Allows hiding the drop shadow of all windows.
- Settings: Added Setting (Windows): "Display Scaling Enabled". Allows the ability to turn off Windows' display scaling.
- Settings: Added Setting (Windows): "Allow Window Snapping". Enables Aero Snap and native window resizing on Windows.
- Audio Engine: When using PortAudio as the backend (default on macOS), a small "Rescan" button has been added to the "Audio Device" selector in the Settings pane. This workaround addresses the library's limitation of not being able to rescan audio devices without restarting the audio engine.
- Overall: The "Reposition Offscreen Windows" setting is once again enabled by default.
- Overall: Modified default settings to be more user-friendly right from the start.
- Windows: The installer no longer prevents installation on arm64 Windows computers. While MiniMeters will still run in emulated mode for now, it has demonstrated usable performance in my tests.
- MiniMetersServer Plugin: Replaced the scanning for a running MiniMeters instance with simple text. This change resolves issues some users were experiencing and is clearer for everyone.
- Audio Engine: Updated audio backend dependencies for Windows/Linux to improve stability.
- UX/UI: Fixed positioning of slider values.
- Stability: Improved settings file saving to prevent loss of settings on power loss.
- Stability: Improved stability on resizing window.
Work is continuing on v1.0 with some major layout improvements, back-end architectural changes to facilitate fixing major bugs and usability issues, and many new features for every module. I am going to backport any features I can to the current live builds to keep it maintained. Thank you for your patience. (There is no set release date at the moment) - Joe
To download this update head here － Log In and click "Download" under "You own this tool." Or go back to your email where you first got the download link.